Make Shift Coffee House
Conversations across our differences
Award-winning format. Online. You're invited.
What Topic and Time would you like?
Click on your 3 top choices. When you click continue, you will be able to rank order them. You will be assigned to 1 of your chosen sessions.
All times are United States Eastern Time, where currently it's 9:49 PM.
Thursday, June 4
- 3PM US-ET – Coronavirus - Session Full for Talkers
- 6PM US-ET – Patriotism - Session Full for Talkers
Friday, June 5
- 12PM US-ET – Voting - Session Full for Talkers
Tuesday, June 9
- 3PM US-ET – Patriotism - Craig
Wednesday, June 10
- 1PM US-ET – Guns - Craig
- 7PM US-ET – Freedom - Craig
Thursday, June 11
- 10AM US-ET – Government Role - Craig
- 2PM US-ET – Coronavirus - Marlene
Friday, June 12
- 8AM US-ET – Health Care - Craig
Monday, June 15
- 1PM US-ET – Patriotism - Marlene
- 4PM US-ET – The Constitution - Craig
Tuesday, June 16
- 9AM US-ET – Government Role - Craig
- 12PM US-ET – Freedom - Marlene
- 3PM US-ET – Energy - Craig
Wednesday, June 17
- 11AM US-ET – Subsidies - Craig
Thursday, June 18
- 10AM US-ET – Coronavirus - Craig
- 1PM US-ET – Health Care - Craig
- 4PM US-ET – Guns - Craig
- 7PM US-ET – Foreign Policy - Craig
A Make Shift Coffee House is a free online place where people with different views talk to each other with respect. Each one lasts an hour. A small group of people with different views have a facilitated discussion while others watch.
Americans have strong beliefs, different beliefs, and we are not shy about sharing them or even imposing them on others.
Yet if we have any hope of beating coronavirus or getting through the next election without wanting to kill each other, we need to work together in spite of our differences.
To work with each other we need to talk with each other; two-way, not typing, not shouting.
When we share stories and opinions in real conversation we gain understanding and we build respect. Common ground emerges and we can see that we are on the same team, in the same boat, fellow Americans.