So you have been to a Make Shift Coffee House and you are ready to do more. What are some next steps you could take?
Consider these ideas for increased engagement.
- Sign the National Institute for Civil Discourse’s civility pledge and commit to using civility in your life.
- Watch this video from Craig, Listen to your Enemies to reiterate the Make Shift Coffee House premise, we don’t have to agree, we just need to understand each other.
- Attend another Make Shift Coffee House
- Sign up to have a conversation with someone different from you at Hi From The Other Side – This website provides a way to sign up to and a conversation guide for when you get paired. They also have a newsletter.
- Listen to this edition of On Being where host Krista Tippett answers a listener’s question about a Conversation with a Trump Supporter – Good stuff here about how to have a conversation with someone different.
- Bring someone different than you to a Make Shift Coffee House
- Join the NICD’s Revive Civility Maine Initiative and host a casual get together with a blend of folks from your community. Consider these tools to ensure all of your guests are comfortable.
- Host a dinner party with some of your neighbors with different view points. Consider the tools from The People’s Supper.
- Host a Make Shift Coffee House in your town. Learn How